Thursday, December 4, 2008

Whoo hoot Wednesday and other stuff

owlbutton2wthborder

My whoo hoots

Well I took part in a secret Santa swap at Scrapbook Dreams and my parcel arrived today and hopeless me just had to open it. An amazing amount of goodies for me perfect choices too. Thank you Santa. here is what I received:

p1080724

Cool hey?

Kiwi Jack is up (the final one ever) and I chose Neilla Han or Paper Button as some may know her by. I just loved the layout she created for a contest at Scrapbooking by Design and have wanted to have a go with her style (thanks Neilla). The felt flower is from her little Kit Business Random Kits and Pieces Here is my layout:

p1080310-copy

I came second equal overall at Scrapbox after getting three points in the last round with this creation

p1080710-copy

I had a great time at Kate from Paper Pesto card making morning on Saterday and made seven cards (have to take a photo) with the yummy goodies there (and ate some yummy goodies too) Thanks Kate!

Thanks to finally having a proper go with the Cuttlebug at the card making morning - a cuttlebug and some cutting and embossing folders are at my place to go under the Christmas tree for me from Santa.
I decided after a year or so of humming and haaing about a diecutter that the cuttlebug would be perfect for me. I think the other diecutters would just be a novelty thing and the simplicity of the bug is perfect for my scrapping time and style and I love the embossing feature.

Another whoo hoot was getting a Scrappin' patch order today from their sale the other week (was waiting on a little prima stamp)- lots of ZVA crystals glue dots , Crate paper and pink paislee papers.

Another project to share is my entry for week five at SBO - a very quick bag and tag done on the day the challenge was posted. I have since discovered it is possible to get more raffle tickets for the MM Slice per project if it is a more complex or original idea which is fair enough. Here is my entry:

p1080711

Something else I didn't share was my ATCs that I did for Scrapbook Dreams as a Host for Swap 5 "Celebrity Spotlight" - I chose Johnny Depp - here are my ATCs:
p1080306
We have got Singstar ABBA too Janine and its awesome the kids are learning ABBA - I remember listening to my parents LPs of ABBA (along with Elvis and John Denver) as a child.

Have a great week everyone!!

1 comment:

  1. you have had a busy time creative wise. congrats on your wins and placings, some really pretty porjects you have created. I love my cuttlebug for embossing and I finally caved after senz...and it has paid for itself already.

    ReplyDelete